Life is like a bowl of chocolates then you have children!!







Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Changes, They Are A Comin'

It has been a long time since the last blog but life has and is about to change drastically for me. I'm going to be a grandmother in 5 weeks!! It's an exciting time with some anxiety sprinkled in. You see, my daughter is now a statistic. She is a teen mom. Now let me explain. She is 19 not 16 but it's still too early!!! All of this is a shock to us but we know that this baby girl will be a blessing and has been already! My daughter and her boyfriend have chosen not to marry yet. The traditional side of me thinks that is not "the way it's supposed to be" but the smarter side of me is rather grateful. I don't want them to rush and end up unhappy. I believe that they will marry one day but just not yet. 
On the other side, this situation has made me realize how wonderful my daughters both are. They are a source of strength to each other and a role model for me. The oldest has helped soften the way with her down to earth wisdom and has made no bones about it.....she WILL take this baby if her sister isn't a good mother! 
It has been a tremendous joy to watch my youngest become a more focused adult. She is living at home and actually pulling her own weight.....which is getting heavier by the day!! HA!! I  see her taking care of herself and putting the baby first, she is taking control of her life and will be an extraordinary mother. I know that she is going to move out eventually but I'm can honestly say I am not looking forward to that day. 
Now to the young man. I have seen a huge leap from boy to man!! He has stepped up to the plate and I am very proud of him!! I can't wait for the day to call him my son!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment