Life is like a bowl of chocolates then you have children!!







Friday, May 14, 2010

Wifely Duty....the rest of the story

I finished chapter two this morning at 4 am.....

You know, I'm all for equality, women's rights and such but she does make a good point when she says that we have almost lost ourselves as women. That we are overworked now that we are working outside the home and trying to keep things going within the home. Trying to keep our kids busy with outside activities, feed, clothe, shop for them and then you have that pesky thing called a husband who sometimes wants to help but just doesn't understand how. Don't get me wrong, I adore my husband but come on, can you not see the dirty clothes you just stepped out of and take them to the laundry room!?!?!?!?

Think back, family vacations meant mom and dad went away for a week and the kids got to stay with the grandparents. Everyone had a great time and life was good! Now take a look at television and you will see where the advertisements lead. You MUST take this or that trip to make you child a happy, well adjusted adult. Forget the fact that you can't financially make it work or that you will be spending a week with the family in a small motel room. The important fact is that you can tell everyone where you took your kids on vacation when we all can see by the look on your face that you are so happy to be back at work you could just scream!!

Well, this summer, my husband and I are going to do the old fashioned vacation. One cruise, two adults, no kids!!! We are so looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Go Beth! Can I come? I'll be good. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can go anywhere with me but you'll have to sleep on deck...don't want you putting a damper on my "happy time"!!

    ReplyDelete